Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Late Start

This blog is late getting started.  Very late.
I "resolved" 12 days ago on New Year's to create a blog as a record for the year I decided to do some Kooky running things.  



Like 1) Run 13 races in 2013, 2) Run 2013 kilometers in 2013, 3) Finish at least one half-marathon in 2 hours and 13 minutes (a 7 minute PR), and 4) Run a Marathon before my 40th B-day in October.  OMG...40!!  


This can't be happening this year!!

Since I can't really do anything about that, I'll just focus on all the really, ridiculous running things I will now have to do this year.

Don't get me wrong, I love running.  Probably too much for someone who runs as slow as I do.  
Only I would set a goal to run more instead of run faster...I'll save that for NEXT year. 

Now on to today....



Marlon, my sometimes running partner and the man I "convinced" to make my running goals his this year, made an awesome pot of coffee this morning...love that man!  



Saturday mornings at our house are not complete without Migas...including the "Black Sensation" avocados I found at my fave German grocery.  heh, heh...black sensation...I couldn't resist!



Breakfast was a hit and literally inhaled in 5 minutes...do not judge me but I unconsciously shovel my food into my mouth after a run. It's not a pretty sight.  At least my food looked good for a few minutes!


Not really wanting to, but 3 hours after my run, two cups of coffee later, & breakfast while watching Latin Lifestyles on AFN, I probably should go shower.


It's a perfect day to just lay here though...and I can't bear to take off my warm socks.  'Cause yeah, I ran in two pair today.  The yellow were just too cute not to run in but not warm enough for today's -2 C snowy, weather.  So I added a "base layer" and wore the yellow on top.  

Cause I'm Kooky.  (I will regret this later when I have more laundry to do.)

Help me! 

How do you keep your feet warm & stylish while running?





No comments:

Post a Comment